苏州消费网

打印 上一主题 下一主题

【感谢信】多伦多大学学子杨阳写给母校英华的感谢信

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2012-4-12 23:31:14 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 风仍在吹 于 2012-8-20 15:00 编辑

我在多伦多的大学生活已经过去一个月了,这一个月里充满欢乐也同样充满了艰辛。 以前读高中的时候由于受到英华更多的老师的关注和培养,所以取得了比较好的成绩;在我去大学之前 我也希望我的大学生活也想在英华的高中生活一样精彩。然而,事情并不像我想象的那样。 在开学的第一天,就感觉到我身边所有同学都像我一样渴望学会教授所讲的所有内容。在班级里,我感受到了以前从未有过的一种压力和竞争。 这时,我才真正理解了我的一位高中老师曾经告诉过我的话:多伦多大学的学生都是来自世界最优秀的学生。
  我现在和至少300名学生一起上课(难以想象吧!) 期中最大的一个课有1500名学生。在课堂上没人关心你会做什么,无论你是逃课、上课睡觉或者做其他任何事情等。在大学里,你只对你自己负责。
  你将会看到许多来自亚洲各国的学生(包括我们中国),但不要低估他们中的每一个。 他们有的从小在加拿大出生并长大,有的已经在加拿大生活了三五年甚至更长。他们的英语口语都非常好,所以会用英语直接和你对话而不是汉语,如果你总是说“请再重复一遍”,自己会感觉羞愧。 因此,较高的英语水平将会帮助你很快地适应在大学的生活。在课堂上,教授会一直不停地讲上几个小时不停歇,而且他们其中的一些人还会带有加拿大地方口音,使我在听他们的课程并理解课程内容方面会感觉更难。我甚至会想:教授呀,为什么不放慢点儿讲课说话的速度呢?但这就是多伦多,请不要忘记,你在和加拿大本土的学生们一起上课。
  晚上熬夜学习到深夜1、2点钟是常有的事情。 为什么呢?如果你想跟上教授正常上课的步伐,在准备听下一节课前,你会要有大量的阅读要读,也就是我们所说的预习。大部分的教授只是传授你基本原理,让你自己去探索更深度的内容。如果你在平时只学习了你的课堂笔记,那么考试时你会遇到更大的困难。
  总的说来,大学的学习生活的确比高中学习生活要困难的多, 所以,希望在英华的学弟学妹们,要保持心态,在高中阶段尽你最大的努力充实你自己,是为了迎接更大的挑战。 不要忘记提高你的英语水平。                              
                                                                                             杨阳
A letter from Yang Ynag
  It has been a month since my university life started in U of T, filled with both hardness and happiness. I always used to have high scores in my high school courses and got most attention from my teachers. Before, I came to university; I hope I will be lucky enough to have a life in university like the one in high school. However, my hope did not come true at all. On my first day of school, I could feel the eagerness of all my classmates to absorb what professors were teaching. I have never felt this kind of pressure and competition in a class before. Then, I remembered one of my high school teachers who told me students in U of T were also among the best students in their high school.
  I am having classes with at least three hundred students (think about it!) and the biggest class that I am taking has one thousand five hundred students. Nobody cares what you do, skipping classes, sleeping in classes , etc. In university, you are responsible for yourself.
  You will see many people from China and Asia but never under-estimate them. They are either growing up in Canada or stay in Canada for 3 or five years. Their English is a lot better and you will feel shamed if you always say pardon because they will speak in Chinese with you. Therefore, higher proficiency of English will help you get used to life in university a lot quicker. In classes, professors will keep talking for hours without stopping and some of them have accents, making it even harder to understand them. Why don’t they slow down the speed? Cause you are having classes with native speakers.
  It is so common to stay up to one o’clock at night studying. Why? Cause you will have a lot of readings to do before you go to lectures,if not , you won’t catch up the professors’ pace. Mostly, professors just teach you the basic ideas and let you explore in depth by yourself. The tests will be harder than you think if you only study your lecture notes.
  All in all, I found university life is so much different from life in high school. Keep in mind that you must try your best to calm yourself in high school in order to meet another big challenge. Don’t forget improving your English.                           Yang Yang

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享
发表回复
高级模式
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|sz315.cn ( 版权所有:苏州工业园区布加迪网络科技有限公司 苏ICP备 10223078号 )

Copyright 2013 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.